truth be told...

martes, agosto 08, 2006

Dirty South

so after sending out over twenty resumes and being entirely sick of my cover letter, no matter how much i change it up...

oh, a quick thought on job hunting. i don't think i've done something this depressing in a long time. not only do i read through the list of skills necessary and think to myself, i could do this job, i have these skills. then comes the litany of questions as i apply for a job: but is it apparent through my resume? will they give me a chance? why won't they give me a chance? am i not good enough? do i have any skills that anyone wants? what have i been doing with my life? why am i so undesireable?....like i said depressing. i understand why the process has become such, but i've got to say, that i much more prefer getting jobs though people that i know who know people and getting in that way, not this cold corporate way. but i didn't want to talk about that today, so sorry if i've depressed you.

what i want to talk about is a new business that I am going to start.

i am opening a clothing store, but not any clothing store. this clothing store is going to be about an image, i'll let that image speak for itself.

first off, i am going to have all the windows to my store painted bright orange, this is to ensure optimum success in this town.

there will be limited handicap parking, but there will be specific parking for trucks and any other SUV's.

once you enter this establishment you will see several sections:
  • short pants: khaki will be the only color offered, but the short will either be a plain khaki or have the cargo look
  • shirts: no t-shirts and no long sleeves. only polo shirts. now the polo shirts will be varied in color, mostly pastels, but you will be able to buy whatever color polo shirt you want, because well, you never know...
  • hats: baseball caps, of any color and size representing whatever sports team you would want, doesn't matter, the only requirement is that the bill be a little ripped and perfectly curled so that the outside ends of the bill nearly touch. all of my hats will look like this.
  • shoes: any kind of running shoe, but for the shopper who wants a freer feeling in his feet, we will be selling man-dals, any kind of comfortable male sandal.
  • at the counter will be an assortment of hemp necklaces, braided belts and Skoal.
this is all my store will offer and i will ABSOLUTELY KILL IT. i will have the corner market on an image, the image of the south. just call my place, "Dirty South".

ps. i wish i could take a picture of the guy sitting next to me and place it in here, you would understand

4 Comments:

  • At 2:31 a. m., Blogger Kate Bowen said…

    Ok, it took me a little while to catch on not being from your country and all. But now I think I get it, it is also hard cos I don't think I know your current location, which I understand cos I don't publicise my current location either for different reasons perhaps. My 'Dirty South' store, equally fitting name for where I live, would be filled with nylon hijabs, plastic shoes, glizty nylon two piece suits and headscarves for the women, and flak jacket waistcoats for the men and beard combs. Let's make them a franchise...

     
  • At 10:45 a. m., Blogger benji said…

    Ambercrombie and Vols?

     
  • At 3:24 p. m., Blogger benji said…

    boring

     
  • At 5:37 p. m., Blogger Eric Wakeling said…

    hilarious

     

Publicar un comentario

<< Home